Become a member of ECAL and join a community of professionals passionate about coffee history and competing for the title of best historical café.
To apply for membership, you must:
- Be the owner of a coffee house with a valid operating licence as a coffee house since its opening.
- Have been operating the establishment as a coffee house without repurposing or changing objectives since the creation of the coffee house.
- Have signature products which promote the local culture and history of your coffee house and its traditions.
- Be located in a historical building or city centre and must have preserved the historical nature, décor and character of your establishment.
- Have a website and presence on social media.
- Have an active presence in your local social and cultural scene.
- Organise and host cultural, musical, culinary or literary events which promote the historic coffee house culture and the local history of your home city.